Double or triple pane?
October 12, 2017
“Double or triple pane?” is the question I often hear from the customers. Both have pros and cons but I’m a big believer in triple pane. Here are some of the arguments for both and I leave the decision up to you.
Triple pane windows
- reduce the outside noise
- lower risk of condensation in the winter
- insulate better as they have an additional air chamber
- better “R” value and “V” factor
- generally speaking all of the parameters listed above are worst
- usually double pane windows are less expensive however the price depends on the size of the window, the bigger the window the higher the price. If you have a big window, the price difference between dual and triple won’t be significant.