“Double or triple pane?” is the question I often hear from the customers. Both have pros and cons but I’m a big believer in triple pane. Here are some of the arguments for both and I leave the decision up to you.
Triple pane windows
- reduce the outside noise
- lower risk of condensation in the winter
- insulate better as they have an additional air chamber
- better “R” value and “V” factor
- generally speaking all of the parameters listed above are worst
- usually double pane windows are less expensive however the price depends on the size of the window, the bigger the window the higher the price. If you have a big window, the
price difference between dual and triple won’t be significant.
Mariusz Walczak has worked in windows and door industry for almost 20 years. He is the founder and owner of Walbert Windows company. He knows the window industry inside an out and is happy to share his knowledge with his customers.